You can serve your community:
- The Tuscarawas County Board of Elections can offer you that opportunity. The board hires dedicated, community-minded individuals as Voting Location Managers and Precinct Election Officials to staff and operate the polling locations in the county each Election Day.
Why am I needed?
- Without Voting Location Managers and Precinct Election Officials the election cannot be held
- Voting Location Managers and Precinct Election Officials help to make sure that an election is fair and impartial according to election laws of the State of Ohio.
Am I eligible?
- Yes, if you are:
- A registered voter in Tuscarawas County
- Must be declared Republican or Democrat
- Enjoy working with people
- Willing to attend a training session
- Available for current or future elections
What do I have to do?
- Attend a training session – three hours for training
- Report to work at 5:45 A.M. on Election Day and serve until all duties are completed after the closing of the polls at 7:30 P.M.
- Voting Location Managers must pick up election supplies at the Board of Elections and return election materials to the proper location as designated by the Board
- Set up the voting machines
- Put up election signs
- Verify voter eligibility
- Process voters
- Issue ballots to voters
- Other miscellaneous clerical duties
- End the election and dismantle voting machines and pack up all supplies after the polls close at 7:30 P.M.
When am I needed?
- The polling locations must be fully staffed for all elections held in the county.
Where will I work?
- Many public buildings such as schools, township halls, libraries and churches are used as polling locations.
- Every effort is made to place you at a convenient location whenever possible.
How much will I be paid?
- $102 for Election Day plus $73 for training
- Voting Location Managers are paid mileage to return equipment and supplies
How do I sign up?
Please Print and Fill out the application form and mail it to:
TUSCARAWAS COUNTY BOARD OF ELECTIONS
P.O. BOX 69
NEW PHILADELPHIA, OHIO 44663